Join the team as the self-employed Head Golf Professional at Exeter Golf and Country Club. This prestigious position within the Devon golf community requires a unique individual who boasts a top class golf coaching reputation and the highest standards of customer service, communication and sales acumen. Think this could be you? Read on…
About the Head Golf Professional
Exeter Golf and Country Club is one of the leading golf clubs in the South West of England with a history dating back to 1895. The par 69 golf course is re-launching this year with a new, improved layout, designed by leading international golf course architect Tom Mackenzie of Mackenzie and Ebert. The course features what is deemed to be the most challenging 18th hole in the region. With a buoyant and active golf membership, new Get Into Golf programmes, Junior Academy, practice ground, short game area and future plans to development a new driving range, the club is looking to move forward. A new Head Golf Professional is required to maximise the opportunities and develop the club as the premier golf destination in the region.
Exeter Golf and Country Club is a private members club which welcomes visiting guests and golfers to our 120 acre golf course and leisure venue. The club also offers indoor and outdoor swimming pools, gym and fitness suite, tennis and squash courts, private event spaces, spa and restaurant. Uniquely located so close to the city centre of Exeter, the club is an elegant leisure retreat for individuals of all ages and families.
Although self-employed with their own retail outlet, the Head Golf Professional will be required to work closely with the team at Exeter Golf and Country Club, particularly the Golf Manager, General Manager, Golf Course Manager and Marketing Manager. Together the team will raise standards and deliver a consistent service to ensure an excellent experience for members and guests. Through a progressive strategy, relationship building, retail skills and marketing initiatives the Head Golf Professional will be an integral member of the wider team at the club, commercially aligned with the overall club strategy.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Golf Professional during an exceptional year and beyond at Exeter Golf and Country Club.
Head Golf Professional Responsibilities
– Visibility and building relationship with members
– Providing great range of products and service
– Digital marketing and social media
– Immaculate shop
– Helping assist with competition admin
– Society golf bookings
– Corporate golf promotion
– Developing the junior sections
– Women’s golf development
– Ambassador for the club at social events and networking
– Providing comprehensive coaching programmes to members and visitors
– Help the club achieve revenue, retention and service targets
– Advocate get into golf and new golfer programmes
– Community partnerships schools
– Qualified PGA professional, good teaching skills, personable attitude, excellent customer service ethos
– Good retailer, IT and financial skills – using Intelligent Golf
– Customer relationship development
– Good marketing understanding initiatives
– Golf club development understanding
– Experience of recruiting, motivating a team which positively reflect EGCC at all times
– Performance based incentives
Apply to be the new Head Golf Professional
If you believe you can help drive golf forward at Exeter Golf and Country Club, please apply with a letter, your CV and package expectations to Chris Jones, General Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 1st March 2016.
If you have any queries please contact Golf Manager, Ben Martin via email email@example.com or 01392 874139.
Find out more about the golf course at Exeter Golf and Country Club.
Watch a video of Exeter Golf and Country Club taken in November showing the developments to the course.